What if I am not sure who the father is?
If you are unsure who the father of the child is, do not sign the acknowledgment at the hospital. This is when genetic testing should be done. Contact your local child support agency to inquire about genetic testing.

Show All Answers

1. How and where can paternity be established?
2. What should I bring to the genetic testing appointment?
3. What if I am not sure who the father is?
4. What do I do if I completed the Paternity Affidavit but now I think I am not the father?
5. Can paternity be established if the alleged father is in another state, is incarcerated, or does not appear for testing?
6. What if I do not know where the father of my child is?
7. How long after a child is born can paternity be established?
8. Can the child support agency assist me with visitation and custody?